On July 14, 2021, Warren Phipps, previously a real estate broker in Calgary, applied to
permanently withdraw from industry membership.
At the time of his application, Phipps was the subject of an investigation under the Real
Estate Act. The issues under investigation regarding Mr. Phipps were with respect to:
- Real estate trust account shortages,
- Trust rule violations,
- Missing net-rent payments,
- Misleading representations,
- Failure to provide competent service,
- Practicing without proper authorization
At the time of Phipps’ application, the matter had not been heard by a RECA Hearing
Panel and no finding of conduct deserving of sanction has been made.
Under the Real Estate Act, Phipps’ withdrawal application has been approved, resulting
in conduct proceedings discontinuance and voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry